So the cheap used Polycom 335 IP phones you got off the internet have passwords for everything and you can’t get them to talk to your phone server? Reset them like this:
- Power up the phone.
- While powering up the phone, if it starts loading the config, hit “cancel” and then hold down these key combinations for about 3 seconds:
- For SoundPoint IP 320, 321, 330. 331, 335, 430, and 450 press and hold the 1, 3, 5, and 7 on the dial pad at the same time.
- For SoundPoint IP 301, 501, 550, 600, 601, and 650 press and hold the 4, 6, 8, * on the dial pad at the same time.
- You will be prompted to enter the admin password. Enter the MAC address of the phone. No colons and the alpha characters must be entered as lowercase letters.
- This part is kind of a pain because you can’t see what you are typing but the first hardware button changes between numbers and letters, and when you are on “letter”, press the key once to type the first letter on that key, twice for the second, and so on. If you press the hardware button to change between entry types, it’ll advance to the next character.
Thanks to digium kb for the how-to (which I lifted nearly verbatim)